If you are a wheelchair user or need easy access, and wish to apply for an accessibility ticket, please log in your account and within the “Ticket Selection” section, click on the “Accessibility Tickets” link. You will be asked to provide your proof of disability in the process. Please note that at this stage you will have the possibility to add a complementary ticket for a companion/personal assistant. In case the demand exceeds supply, your application will go into a random selection via a lottery to select the successful applicants.
Articles in this section
- Are tickets available for disabled spectators?
- Will accessibility ticket holders receive a parking pass?
- Are companion / personal assistant tickets available for an accompanying person?
- Will drop-off and pick-up points be available at the stadium for accessibility ticket holders?
- What is a wheelchair user ticket?
- What is an easy access seat?
- Will audio-descriptive commentary be provided for partially sighted and blind fans?
- Accessibility ticket applicants are required to provide proof of disability. What is the procedure for applying for accessibility tickets?
- What ‘proof of disability’ documents are required as part of my application?
- Who is entitled to purchase accessibility tickets for disabled fans?